This week we’ve got our gal, Ella (@byongsun_) She was our sewing guru for a long time holding up our brand, HMU Apparel (@holdmyunicornapparel) and you can now find her hustling her very own amazing creations at Pepper Kat Designs (@pepperkatdesigns) She makes the most bad arse party shirts all from up-cycled fabric!! Go check em out! 🔥🔥🔥
1. What name do you go by, where’d you grow up and where do you live now?
My name is Ella, I grew up in a small coastal town just north of Byron Bay. Currently living in Whistler, soon to be Vancouver.
2. What is your definition of strength?
Amy (@the_velvetunderdog) She is one very inspiring woman.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
Where my clothes are coming from. My clothes are mostly second hand or hand made, if not I like to know where and how they have been made. I’m now also conscious of where my fabric is coming from for my handmade clothes.
4. How would you describe your style?
Pretty casual, my go to is a pair of mum jeans and a tshirt.
5. Favourite food to cook at home?
Potatoes- in any form.
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
Acid for the children-Flea, The Latte Factor -David Bach, Room to Dream -David lynch
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
To have my handmade business more established
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you:
After finishing school I was planning on going to uni in hopes of becoming an accountant.
9. Favourite movie?
I don’t really have a favourite movie but I’d say Stand By Me or Lords of Dogtown would be up there.
10. How do you want people to remember you? As a kind person.
Cya’ll next week for more inspirational women we know! ✨💕