Today we have our pie making animal-loving friend @cedarlynndobbin from @hipveganpies. This girl is more than just a business boss and lean mean pastry making machine though, she also has a background in acting and performing and does stand up comedy! She’s an animal rights activist and has the craziest stories of her time working as a secret agent! Kinda James Bond style with a twist (see below for more details) but despite the things she knows about the animal agriculture industry, I’m blown away by her compassionate attitude and kindness towards anyone that hasn’t made the transition yet and instead she just lovingly bakes the most amazing vegan pies that would turn anyone on to that plant-based life! We’re so inspired by her every day! If you want to see for yourself what these pies are all about go follow her Instagram account and hit her up for some bulk frozen orders or stay tuned for our next Hip Pies pop up event at Velvet!! 💚💚🌿🌿🌿
Here is our chat with her.
1. Where’d you grow up and where do you live now? Grew up in Toronto, Ontario, now living in Whistler, BC. I’ve lived in the sea-to-sky for 4 years.
2. What is your definition of strength?
Choosing love over fear. Staying true to yourself. Surrendering to what is. Believing in goodness.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
4. How would you describe your style?
Comfort is a priority—whatever I feel good in! Vibrant-earthy-artsy-boho.
5. Favourite food to cook at home?
Organic vegan pizza, organic vegan nachos
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
Think like a Monk - Jay Shetty, The Hidden Life of Trees - Peter Wohlleben and A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
I’m working on a mindfulness project that will focus on sharing what I’ve learned about self-awareness, self-love and how we can all live more fulfilling lives by living and loving intentionally in the present moment; with a light-hearted twist;)
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you.
I did undercover investigations for an animal welfare organization; I wore a hidden camera and worked on factory farms to gather evidence exposing the heartbreaking truth of the industry.
9. Favourite movie?
Jim Carey stuff — Ace Ventura, Truman Show, Horton Hears a Who, Yes Man, Grinch. He can always make me laugh:) As a person, he’s woke AF.
10. How do you want people to remember you?
As someone who loved with her whole heart and beamed it out into the world.