Todays, inspirational woman is Gloria Eid! At a young age, Gloria became actively engaged in her professional path working across many sectors such as law, social services, youth engagement, international development, higher education, events, and program management. Today her work spans even more as this multi-talented woman is a writer, educator, career mentor, leadership trainer, kindness advocator and life coach (and a coach to me, Amy!) Gloria is passionate about communication. Communication with ourselves, our loved ones, our hobbies and most importantly our work. She believes:
1. Communication is humanity’s most important characteristic and the life of every relationship.
2. What we do for work can and ought to make our lives better.
Her mission is to help others believe that too. Gloria has been one of my strongest and most consistent supports through this last crazy year, she is dedicated to helping, cheering on, and pushing, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, CEO's managers, early-career professionals, freelancers and founders to be the best version of themselves. You can check out her work by visiting her Instagram pages @glo_eid and @momentsof__
Here's our chat with her.
1. Where’d you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside of Toronto. Now I live in beautiful Vancouver B.C.
2. What is your definition of strength?
My definition of strength is presence and vulnerability.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
Slow mornings are important to me now; I used to wake up in a hurry and rush out the door until I started working from home and getting a full night's sleep. To have luxurious time just for me and my reflections and solitude in the morning before I dive into the workday has become a really special ritual. And play. I took life so seriously (still do), but incorporating play and light-heartedness in what I do and how I do it makes this gig on earth a whole lot more fun and beautiful.
4. How would you describe your style?
My style changes with my mood I suppose, but I love neutral tones, simple pieces, and then go extra with earrings. I love statement earrings.
5. Favourite food to cook at home?
I cook for fuel and less for pleasure, haha. My go-to are one-pan oven meals for their efficiency. And then tacos when I'm in the mood to play in the kitchen!
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche, and Desire Map by Danielle Laporte
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
Speak on more podcasts and publish a book!
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you.
I never thought of myself as a creative person until about 6 years ago. (Spoiler alert: Now I know, we are all creative beings).
9. Favourite movie? Love me a Denzel film!
10. How do you want people to remember you?
Heart-filled, intentional, supportive, fun, kind.