This week we have Diana Foster from @sucosbeauty ! Another Function Junction woman killing it at business! Diana opened Sucos a year and a half ago and has been non-stop hustling since then. Collaborating with lots of other awesome women to bring the full beauty experience to her salon and consistently building her brand and a name for herself whilst also being a momma of 3! It never ceases to impress me hearing about women who can simultaneously run a business and be a full-time Mom! I barely have time to look after myself let alone 3 more tiny humans! Anyway not only is Diana a hardworking Mom and super talented hairdresser /stylist, but she is also the most genuine, supportive and caring soul! As soon as she moved down to Function she has been so engaged and on board with our little community and has been so supportive of all of the other businesses including Velvet and me since day one! This woman is such a beacon of light down here and I highly recommend you go check out her beautiful salon next time you're in need of some pampering!
Here's our chat with her.
1. Where’d you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in the prairies. Regina, Saskatchewan. Say THAT 5 times fast. 😄
2. What is your definition of strength?
Trying new things, learning new skills, trusting the process. There’s no better feeling than trying something new and mastering that skill, even if it’s just the first step in a long journey. Knowing you tried and KILLED IT is pure strength.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
Listening to your gut! As women, we have a special intuition that we need to tune into. The sooner we get on board the better our lives will be and the more balanced and empowered we will feel knowing we made that choice on our own.
4. How would you describe your style?
I like casual and comfy with a bit of something crazy on the side. Over-the-top jewelry for sure and fun hair is a must....but I’m a Gemini so I also like to mix it up. I can’t really commit to one ‘style’ I like it all.
5. Favourite food to cook at home?
I’m a breakfast girl for sure. I love cooking the whole shebang. Hash browns, pancakes or waffles, and mimosa’s of course. lol I especially love cooking for others. I’m not the best cook but if everyone is full I’m happy.
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
Profit First Atomic Habits, My Journal and Passion Planner
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
My big goal in business is to learn to take care of my finances myself. I’ve found that it’s easy to let someone else do it but there’s confidence in knowing you can handle it yourself.
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you
I’m an introvert. People are always surprised because I’m so loud and chatty. I guess that’s the Gemini again. I’m shy until I get to know you...then watch out!! lol
9. Favourite movie?
10. How do you want people to remember you? I want people to remember me as loving, caring and giving. I have a big heart, something others always made seem like a bad thing...I don’t believe that anymore and lead with my heart as much as possible. I’m also pretty funny and laugh at my own jokes often. I think people will smile at that when I’m gone. 😊