Today's feature is the vintage film extraordinaire and the brains behind a lot of @karenbeaches epic short films, Goldie Swan!
Goldie Swan is an LA/NY filmmaker who specializes in nostalgia. All of her creativity is pulled from Old Hollywood cinema, The American New Wave era, Cindy Sherman, & Gregory Crewdson. She is obsessed with exploring the ugly and intimate secrets. Goldie Swan wants to give her audience a ride on a time machine, leaving them stimulated and on the edge of their seats.
Go check out her work @goldieswanproductions and tune in to our IG live this Friday at 6.30 PST where we'll be chatting about the process of making dope AF films and of course all things vintage!
Here's our chat with her!
1. Where’d you grow up and where do you live now?
Cooperstown, NY ->>>> Los Angeles, CA
2. What is your definition of strength?
Carmella Soprano’s monologue in season 4 finale of The Soprano’s—enough said.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
4. How would you describe your style?
I have a closet full of vintage dresses, but mostly sweatpants and a band t-shirt.
5. Favourite plant-based food to cook at home?
I loooove baking vintage inspired cakes.
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
The Outsiders, any Tennessee Williams play, & Hollywood Babylon
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
Collab with more vintage shops, shoot a feature, & practice more Old Hollywood lighting.
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you.
Right now I’m playing an intense game of Sims 4. The daughter just died of a heat stroke.
9. Favourite movie?
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Mommie Dearest, Valley of the Dolls, Buffalo 66, & anything by John Cassavettes
10. How do you want people to remember you?
The girl who brought technicolor back.