Today’s inspirational woman is our gal Luce who is back in England right now but we’re hoping she’ll be back here soon enough coz we really miss her! 🙏🏽✨
1. What’s your name, where’d you grow up and where do you live now?
Lucy, I’m from Cornwall in the UK. I’ve moved around quite a bit but since Corona hit I'm unexpectedly back in Cornwall!
2. What is your definition of strength?
Being kind and generous to others whilst still setting boundaries and having respect for yourself.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
Without sounding far out, I think spending time in nature. Many people are concerned with climate change and protecting our planet but they're very disconnected to what the planet is other than in relation to humans. Going outside reminds me that I am part of a larger ecosystem - and just how important it is to give back to the environment.
4. How would you describe your style?
It varies massively depending on my mood. Most of my clothes are from thrift shops, independent brands and more recently I’ve been making my own clothes. Someone once said I dress like a painter and decorator so maybe that?!
5. Favourite food to cook at home?
Rice paper rolls with Tofu and veg.
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer and Limits to Culture: Urban Regeneration Vs. Dissident Art by Malcolm Miles
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
To be fluent in Italian and to have moved back out of England!
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you:
I had a short stint as a sushi chef when I was at University.
9. Favourite movie?
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
10. How do you want people to remember you?
I really don’t know, I guess I want different people to remember me for different things
Stay tuned for more inspiring ladies every Wednesday 🧡💃🏼⚡️⚡️