Women Wednesday! This is Nikki. She is not only our amazing business advisor, but is also the owner of Snowberry Consulting (@snowberry_consulting) She is a huge advocate for women in business and makes sure entrepreneurs achieve their goals. She also just launched a program that streamlines the CSC certification process so small businesses can reopen quickly and stress free! Get more info on her insta page!
1. Where’d you grow up and where do you live now? Born in St. Anthony, Newfoundland - raised in Port Stanley, a little beach town in Southwestern Ontario, and have lived in Whistler since 2011.
2. What is your definition of strength? Restraint to handle situations with grace and kindness in the face of adversity and ignorance.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be? Skincare. I am still learning so much about rentinol, vitamin C, and obviously SPF importance. A younger me always wanted to wear makeup and would just cover up any flaws and now I just want fresh, bare faced glowing skin.
4. How would you describe your style? Eclectic chic. I want to wear business casual, flowy and funky things that can also be worn out at night in one outfit. I never wear logos or text, but vibrant colours, prints and metals are what I love. I am also a parrot at heart and love everything shiny, sequin-y and unique.
5. Favourite food to cook at home? I make the Earl’s dill potato salad all the time, but modify it so it is meatless. I bring this to every pot luck and it’s always a winner.
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf? Pulling Through My Veins - Blair Kaplan Venables (Pemberton local author) Grizzlies, Gales and Giant Salmon - Pat Ardley (Whistler local author) Milk and Honey - Rupi Kaur
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year? The thing about setting goals, is that once you do, eventually you get there. I’m actually standing at a goal post from years ago during this month, so I’m still deciding where the next one should be, but it will likely be something about writing a book, creating a video/podcast series or a build a business development group for local women. Ok, why not all 3? 8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you: I brush my teeth in the shower. Have for over 15 years. A while back people were going off about eating oranges in the shower and how invigorating that was, but imagine not only stepping out squeaky clean, but your mouth is also super fresh. Plus you don’t have to keep it tidy around the sink/your mouth when brushing. You can really get in there and never have to worry about toothpaste on your face or clothes each morning. Game changer! 9. Favourite movie? Amelie 10. How do you want people to remember you? As a funny and fierce woman who always leaves people, places and things in a better place than I found them.