Updated: Sep 19, 2020
Today’s talented boss babe, is our friend and 70’s design goddess @chillivia ! Olivia is the creative genius behind all of our @shop_velvetunderground branding and graphic design! She is a super talented graphic designer, painter and artist and like us obsessed with 70’s design and aesthetic. You can find her work on anything from clothing, to plant pots, band posters, bumper stickers, and even buildings in Vancouver! If you need anything 70’s design related she’s your gal! Go check out her page to admire all of her beautiful creations! 🌼🍄🧡
1. What name do you go by, where’d you grow up and where do you live now?
Olivia, some people know me as Chillivia 😉 I grew up in Calgary but live in Vancouver now.
2. What is your definition of strength?
Self reliance, having empathy and being able to do things on your own terms.
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be?
Sobriety & career goals.
4. How would you describe your style?
My style is dependent on the clothes my friends pass down to me. So i’d say non expensive is my style haha and paint stains.
5. Favourite food to cook at home? Spaghetti of course extra parmesean 😉
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf?
Big Sur (Jack Kerouac) Johnny cash’s autobiography, Electric Koolaid Acid Test (Tom Wolfe)
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year?
Paint more murals! Make more friends! Collaborations!
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you?
I like shitty reality tv, it turns my brain off & at the moment I am obsessed with drag queens!
9. Favourite movie?
That’s a tough one, I really love Gangs of New York or basically anything with Leonardo DiCaprio.
10. How do you want people to remember you?
As someone who made them laugh that one time 🙂