Today’s inspirational woman, is the amazing Lori Pyne! Lori is avidly passionate about our community and the magnificent nature we are surrounded by here in Whistler, Which is why she is the woman behind so many of Whistler’s great community services.
Lori started the community garden in Cheakamus and managed the greenhouses which now have over 400 members! She managed the @re_build_it_whistler for 4 years, started the tool library (best idea ever!!) and has been the interim ED at the @reuseitwhistler since October, where she had lead the WCSS team through the pandemic. No small task given the extent that our community has relied on the services provided by WCSS throughout the pandemic such as the food bank and mental health services.
Following the return of the amazing Jackie Dickinson at WCSS, Lori will now be stepping into the Manager of Operations position.
Lori truly is a Whistler legend and we are so glad we could feature her in our Woman Wednesday to show you all the amazing work she has done and continues to do for our community 🧡🧡 here’s our chat with her-
1. Where’d you grow up and where do you live now? Barrie, Ontario. Live in Squamish now.
2. What is your definition of strength? being vulnerable
3. What is something that’s important to you now that never used to be? sleep
4. How would you describe your style? leadership style: leading by example and being collaborative. If you're talking my fashion style I'd say "garage mom"
5. Favourite food to cook at home? homemade spaghetti and veggie sauce
6. What’re 3 books on your bookshelf? Grit- Angela Duckworth, Power of Myth -Joseph Campbell, the Tree book-Learning to recognize trees of BC -Roberto Parish
7. What’s something you want to accomplish in the next year? Complete Indigenous People of Canada course from University of Alberta. Find a way back to Ontario to visit my family.
8. Tell us something people would find surprising about you: I have a Degree in Theatre from UBC
9. Favourite movie? Stand by Me, Big Lebowski, Raiders of the Lost Ark.
10. How do you want people to remember you? Remember my smile and how I made them laugh.